Backroads offers Line Dance lessons Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, plus Couples lessons on Tuesdays. Our friendly and patient instructors make it fun and simple to learn. For only $5/night you get a 90-minutes or more of fun exercise.
- Tuesdays: Beginner’s Line Dance (6:00 pm – 7:30 pm) / Couples (7:30 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Wednesdays: Beginner’s Line Dance (6:00 pm – 7:30 pm) / Beginner’s-Plus (7:30 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Thursdays: Beginner’s Line Dance (6:30 pm – 8:00 pm), followed by open dance
DANCE FLOOR ETIQUETTE
- Never bring food or drinks onto or across dance floor.
- Never stand on the floor to talk. If music has started and you’re not dancing, please move behind rail.
- When dancing near beginners please be mindful, courteous and encouraging.
- Be helpful to visitors and newcomers.
- Outside circle dancers progress counter clockwise.
- If the floor is crowded, keep your movements and steps small in order to avoid collisions.
- Should you bump into someone, it is courteous to apologize no matter who may have been at fault.
- Don’t stop dancing on the floor to teach another dancer while others are dancing. Please move off the floor to a quieter area.
- Never walk through a line of dancers to cross the floor. Please wait to go around.
- If you are doing a different dance than others around you, please find an area that is out of the pattern being done.
- If the dance you want to do is being done somewhere else on the floor, please join that dance.
- Please don’t sit or lean on the railings encompassing the dance floor.
- Finally, keep your head up, keep smiling and have fun.